Cream cabinets give a kitchen a warm and inviting feel, and the shade is soft enough to complement many colors, from ravishing red to bold blue. Just take a look at these combinations.
1. Blue. If you want your cream cabinets to have a fun contemporary vibe, blue is the ideal color. The neutral units around the perimeter of this kitchen are pared-back and elegant, and would have worked alone as a chic, sophisticated design. However, the designers decided to give the room a bold modern twist with their choice of bright blue for the island.
Blue is on the cool end of the color spectrum, so it complements the warm tones of the cream.
Kitchen Combo to Try: Neutral Cabinets, Different-Colored Island
2. Red. Bring out the warm tones in cream by pairing it with bright red. The two colors work well together because red lends zing to cream surfaces, while ivory hues give a mellow warmth to bright red.
This bold backsplash adds interest to the sleek contemporary cabinets and gives the space a cozy look. The addition of wood-effect units and a solid wood table also boosts the earthy feel.
3. Black and white. Give a warmer feel to a black-and-white palette by mixing in some cream. These traditional Shaker-style cabinets frame the jet black countertop and the marble backsplash.
The slick combination of black and white looks contemporary and minimal, but the cream color changes the feel completely.
4. White. If you want a clean, fresh look, don’t be afraid to keep your color scheme neutral. These cream cabinets team with walls painted and tiled in crisp white. The wood counters and floor warm up the pale hues, as do a few brightly colored accessories.
5. Bright green. Soft cream is the perfect backdrop to tone down bold shades. The green in this kitchen, for example, is wonderfully vivid but could be too much for some. The cream cabinets help mute the bold tones slightly for a space that feels warm, natural and fresh.
6. Orange. These cream kitchen cabinets have a gentle tone that feels soft and minimalist. To energize the space, the designers selected a few striking orange accents. The plastic stool and the citrus-colored pendant light look vivid against the mellow hues elsewhere.Browse one-light pendants