In Feng Shui, elephants have a great significance in home décor. A Chinese practice of positioning things in your surroundings, Feng Shui balances the yin and yang and maintains the flow of chi.
An elephant symbolises Buddha and the Lord Ganesha to bring home strength, good luck, and harmony in family bonds. However, all of this could be achieved only if an elephant’s statue or pictures are used in a certain way at certain places.
Also, a common belief is that every form of this animal you use should have its trunk facing upwards for positive results.
MakaaniQ shares ways in which adding elephant to your home décor could bring positivity to your home:
- Welcome home the good luck by placing a statue of an elephant or a pair at your front door. You can buy large pieces if your home has a wide entrance. While placing them, ensure that they face inwards for positive results.
- Elephants are also known as the protectors or guardians. So, for those looking at protecting your home from evil or negative impact, place this pair of elephants facing outwards. This would help prevent the loss of chi and, thus, maintain balance.
- For a harmonious relationship between a couple, place a pair of elephants in a form of statue, painting or even cushion covers.
- For a stronger mother and child relationship, place a mother and child duo of elephants. These in the form of a statue or a painting could be placed in parents’ or children’s room.
- You could also place elephant symbols in the form of toys, statue, wallpaper, cushion covers or others in your children’s room to strengthen their knowledge and help them do better in academics. Make sure that it is placed on your child’s study table.
- To bring positive growth in your career, place an elephant on the front door of your office and also at the workstation at your home, if you have any. An elephant, which symbolises wisdom and power, is known to energise your career, in case planning to change a job or even enhancing your current job. Moreover, an elephant with a face on your work diary or in other work stationery would help you enhance your leadership qualities, and help you perform under pressure.
- To bring balance into your life, opt for an elephant picture or statue that is holding something, for instance, a crystal ball or any other such element. This form of elephant balances all the elements in your life.
- For Indian homes, Lord Ganesha plays a significance role and is considered to be the first god to be worshipped when starting something new. So, what better than having an idol of Lord Ganesha at home to bring in peace and prosperity.
Also Read: Vastu Tips For Placing Elephant Paintings & Statues
Last Updated: Fri Mar 12 2021