Relaxing and playing in the backyard with family is a time-honored tradition. But your dog likely loves it too, and if it repeatedly relieves itself in the yard, the resulting odors can make for an unpleasant experience.
Dogs are inclined to use the same spot repeatedly, which builds up over time and can make odor removal particularly difficult, resulting in a stinky outdoor area. That unpleasant stench lingers long after the liquid has been absorbed, and can last months unless treated properly. To effectively remove these offending odors, you’ll want to make sure you’re eliminating them, not just covering up the smell (as many products do).
Use a cleaning product with enzymes and live bacteria to break down and eliminate the source of the tough odors. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator uses safe, naturally-occurring bacterial microbes that eliminate odors at the source.
The and biodegradable*ast; formula is also safer for use around pets and surrounding plants, unlike other household remedies such as lime, which can be dangerous to your dog’s health. It’s great for use on dog runs, grass, artificial grass, gravel, patios, walkways and more.
Directions For Removing Dog Urine Smell Outside:
For best results, use the product during cooler times of the day such as dawn or dusk. This allows it a longer time to stay damp and active.
- Clear area. Remove any solid waste from the area and shake your bottle of Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator well. Keep pets out of the area during application.
- Connect hose. Point nozzle away from your face and attach the hose to the back end of the sprayer.
- Apply cleaner. Turn on water slowly and use low to moderate pressure. Push the safety tab forward toward hose and turn nozzle counterclockwise to “On” position. Spray down the area.
- Agitate. For stubborn areas, scrub the affected area with a scrub brush, then allow 10 minutes for the cleaner to penetrate the concrete pores. Avoid letting it dry during this time, as the longer it stays damp, the longer bacteria have to digest the organic soils. In windy or warmer conditions you may need to lightly mist the area you’re cleaning with more cleaning product, to prevent quick evaporation.
- Allow to dry. Repeat if necessary.
* Biodegradable formula: This formula decomposes into elements found in nature within six months after disposal into a typical sanitary sewer or septic system.