Wedding Shower Card Messages: A wedding brings a lot of fun activities for those involved. One such activity is the wedding shower or bridal shower. Gifts are.
Sometimes, friends and relatives that have not kept in close contact with the bride are invited to the wedding shower. In that case, the words to use for a shower card may not come easy. You may wish to keep it short and use common phrasing but feel free to add a personal touch if you have one.
Here are some suggestions:
“I was so excited to hear you are getting married. Congratulations to you and your new husband. Wishing you the best always.”
“I know we haven’t kept in close contact lately, but I want you to know that I am thrilled to take part in this special time of your life.”
“May your marriage bring you a lifetime of happiness and special memories.”
“Thank you so much for the invitation to share this special day. You are going to be the most beautiful bride ever. I am so excited for you.”
“Gosh how time flies! You are all grown up now and beginning a new chapter in your life. May it be filled with love, dedication and happiness.”
Every bride deserves a moment to relax, de-stress, and celebrate her upcoming wedding with friends and family. Typically held a month or two before the wedding, a bridal shower is a chance for the bride to do just that—and it’s an opportunity for attendees to offer congratulations and best wishes.
As a guest, it can be difficult to know what gift to bring and what to write in a bridal shower card. A traditional bridal shower is for the bride, and gifts can include personal items, such as perfume or lingerie. A couples wedding shower, on the other hand, is for the couple, and gifts tend to be household items that they can use together. When in doubt, check the invitation for details, or contact the host.
In this Article:
Bridal Shower Card Etiquette
The card that accompanies your gift should include bridal shower wishes in the form of a personal message from you to the bride (or to the couple). In your bridal shower card message, congratulate the bride-to-be on her upcoming wedding, and tell her how happy you are for her. Give her a compliment, such as how beautiful she’ll look in her dress or how lucky the groom is to have found her. Make her feel special.
Feel free to share a personal anecdote, either a memory you have of the bride and groom or of a special time you shared together. If you’re close with the bride, your bridal shower wishes can be sincere and from the heart, but don’t be afraid to be funny or unique. When considering what to write in a bridal shower card, let it reflect the relationship you have together. Give words of encouragement and bridal shower wishes. End your card with a great piece of advice about love or marriage or use a favorite quote.
Above all, remember that the bridal shower is about her. She’s most likely nervous about the big day and has been under a lot of stress planning. This is the time to let her know that you are excited for her, support her, and want to share her joy.
Bridal Shower Card Example
If you’re struggling with what to write in a bridal shower card, use the example below as a guide.
Funny Bridal Shower Wishes
Bridal Shower wishes should be optimistic and congratulatory, but your bridal shower card wording does not need to be boring. If the bride is a close friend and you often joke around together, let that come out in your bridal shower card message. Whatever you do, avoid jokes that are insulting or could be misinterpreted.
Funny Bridal Shower Wishes Examples:
- They say marriage is hard. You have my number! Best of luck and love to you.
- Best wishes to you on your special day! Just remember—if you need an escape plan, you know where to find me! All my love.
- You are such a special, kind, and beautiful friend. Jason better treat you right—or else he’ll have me to answer to! Best wishes to you both.
- Almost the big day! It’s not too late to back out! Just kidding—you and I both know that you found your perfect match. Congratulations!
- I could tell you how much I love you and cherish our friendship, and how you mean more to me than anyone in this world, and that you and Wes are the most perfect couple that ever lived—but I’d probably break down and start ugly crying. So, in the interest of saving my mascara, let me just say this: Congratulations! Wishing you nothing but the best.
- Congratulations! May you forever stay consciously coupled.
- Forget Beyoncé and Jay-Z. You two are the epitome of #RelationshipGoals. Wishing you the best on your wedding day!
- In the words of the great philosopher Phoebe Buffay, congratulations on finding your “lobster.” I knew from day one that you two were meant to be.
- Never yell at each other—unless the house is on fire. I’m not sure how realistic that is, but it’s a good place to start! All my love on your wedding day.
- Congratulations! You’re getting married! Don’t worry—I’ll be here to share my dating horror stories with you any time you ask.
Religious Bridal Shower Wishes
If you and the couple share the same strong religious beliefs, it is appropriate to incorporate your faith into your bridal shower wishes. If you’re unsure of the couple’s religious affiliations, it’s best to avoid this type of wording altogether.
Religious Bridal Shower Wishes Examples:
- May God bless your marriage with love and joy. Congratulations!
- A husband and wife can love each other best when they love God first. Wishing you love on your special day!
- A relationship is strongest with God at the center. Wishing you a strong, happy marriage!
- May your love for God and your love for each other grow stronger with every passing day. Sending all my love.
- May God grant you love, laughter, and happiness together. We’re so happy for you! Congratulations!
- Stay strong in your faith and you will stay strong in marriage. Congratulations on your new life together.
- With God in your heart, your marriage will overflow with joy, love, and prosperity. Wishing you a beautiful wedding day and marriage.
- When you join hands and come together on your special day, I pray to God that you will never have to take them apart.
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” (Matthew 19:6) Congratulations on starting your journey!
- Mazel Tov! May you find joy and happiness in marriage and in life.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter
If your daughter is getting married, a bridal shower card is a great place to share your joy and excitement for the couple. Feel free to recount happy memories, offer congratulations, and give marriage advice. Don’t put too much pressure on your bridal shower card message. Just speak from the heart and let your happiness show.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter Examples:
- All a parent wants is for her daughter to be happy, safe, and loved. With Sean, I know there’s no need to worry. Sending you all the love in the world.
- Congratulations to my beautiful daughter. I could not be happier or more proud of you. Wishing you a blissful wedding day and life together.
- Your wedding day is almost here! I can’t wait to see you walk down the aisle on the happiest day of your life. I love you more than anything.
- Seeing you with Greg makes me the happiest parent alive—because I know that you are truly loved, cherished, and supported. Congratulations!
- You are the most beautiful, thoughtful, and special daughter a parent could ask for. I can’t wait to celebrate with you on your big day.
- Marriage is full of ups and downs. Continue to celebrate and cherish the ups, and support and care for each other through the downs. We’ll be here for you no matter what! Congratulations and enjoy your wedding day.
- I’ve imagined this day ever since you were born, and now that it’s almost here, I’m so excited for you. Congratulations and best wishes from the bottom of my heart.
- Congratulations on finding a wonderful person to share your life with. It brings me comfort to know that you two have everything you need, because you have each other. I’ll always be here for you no matter what. All my love.
- I’m so excited for you and Rico, and I can’t wait to celebrate with you on your big day. Nothing would bring me greater joy. Let’s eat, drink, and watch you get married!
- I feel so grateful to have a strong, beautiful, and caring daughter, and even more lucky that you found a man who deserves you! I’m thrilled to see you get married and build your life together. Congratulations!
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter-in-Law
If your son is getting married, your bridal shower wishes to your new daughter-in-law can be a touching way to show your support and welcome her to the family. It’s also an appropriate place to share wedding shower sentiments and advice about marriage or love.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter-in-Law Examples:
- I couldn’t choose a sweeter or more beautiful bride for my son than you. Sending all my love for your big day.
- They say you can’t change a man, but I’ve never seen Paul as happy as you make him. Here’s to many years of happiness for you both.
- I knew from the moment I met you that my son had chosen a very special woman. We are so excited to welcome you to our family.
- Marriage is a journey. Enjoy the ride, and know that any bumps in the road will pass. We will be here for you every step of the way. Congratulations!
- Kiss every day, laugh often, and never stop being friends. You two were made for each other. Congratulations on your wedding!
- I can tell how happy you make Dave by the smile that always appears on his face when he says your name. May you grow old together and still bring a smile to each other’s faces many years from now. Best wishes!
- I’m so happy that you are marrying my son! You are already family to me. Lots of love.
- I can’t wait to be there for you on your wedding day! You are such a special woman—my son is lucky to have found you. Congratulations!
- Thank you for opening your heart to my son and becoming a part of our family. We love you and can’t wait to see you make it official!
- It’s a magical moment when two people say “I do.” I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Welcome to the family!
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Sister
The relationship between two siblings can be incredibly close or uncomfortably tense. If you and your sister share a strong bond, feel free to write a bridal shower message with personality and humor. If you have trouble getting along, it can be difficult to know what to write in her bridal shower card, but rest assured that simple bridal shower wishes of congratulations will do.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Sister Examples:
- I can’t believe the big day is almost here! I could not be happier for you. Wishing you all the best.
- I’m so happy for you that you found Ian! I couldn’t imagine a funnier, sweeter, more devoted guy. He’s everything I could ask for in a husband for my sister. Congratulations!
- I’m so eager to see you start this next chapter of your life with an incredible guy. Congratulations, soon-to-be-Mrs.!
- I knew from the moment I met Travis that he was not like other guys. He truly is a keeper—and I’m proud to call him my brother-in-law. Congratulations!
- You may be a beautiful, confident woman, but to me you’re still my little sister who took her Barbies everywhere. It’s hard to believe you’re all grown up! I’m looking forward to seeing you walk down the aisle—tissues in hand! All my love.
- Congratulations on finding a great man to walk through life with! May your love last forever, and your husband spoil you rotten! I love you.
- Congratulations, beautiful bride! I can’t wait to see you in that white dress!
- I’m so happy for you! Relax, have fun, and enjoy your special day! I’ll be here if you need anything—there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you!
- Congratulations, dear sister! It’s your turn to be the princess for the day—make it count!
- From the moment I heard you were engaged, I’ve been overjoyed. Nathan is your perfect match, and I know you two will be so happy together! Congratulations!
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Friend
If the bride is a close friend, your bridal shower card can be fun and funny or sweet and sentimental. Above all, let your bridal shower wishes to your friend show how happy you are for her, and how excited you are for her big day.
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Friend Examples:
- It’s almost here! I’m thrilled for you and Tom, and wish you nothing but happiness. I’m here for you if you need anything—leading up to the big day, or after!
- Congratulations on finding your happily ever after! Sending you all my love.
- Congratulations on finding Mr. Right! Here’s to a happy, love-filled future together.
- I can’t imagine a more beautiful bride than you! Robert is a lucky guy. Best wishes to you both!
- Here’s to your special day—and every day after with your new husband. Wishing you all the best in marriage and in life.
- Congratulations! You couldn’t have picked a better person to start your life with. Wishing love and happiness to you both!
- Have a happy wedding day and life together! I’m feeling so much love and joy for you both.
- Congratulations to the happy couple! You are proof that soulmates and true love exist. May you grow together and always find new ways to love and support each other. All my best!
- May you always stay truly, madly, crazy in love. Best wishes to you!
- Congratulations to my dear friend. You are one of my favorite people in the world, and it brings me such joy to see you happy.
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Coworker
If your coworker is getting married, keep your bridal shower card wording short and sweet. It’s always better to err on the side of caution than accidentally write something inappropriate. You can also use your bridal shower wishes to your coworker to give thanks for being involved.
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Coworker Examples:
- May your marriage be filled with lots of laughs, love, and happiness.
- Congratulations on your wedding! Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
- Best wishes to you on your special day.
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness for your wedding day!
- May this new chapter in your life be filled with joy and love. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your wedding. May your life together be all that you’ve dreamed of and more.
- May laughter and love be the soundtrack of your marriage.
- Wishing you the wedding day and marriage of your dreams.
- Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I can’t wait to celebrate with you!
- Congratulations on taking this big step! I wish you nothing but happiness!
Bridal Shower Quotes
Having trouble with what to write in a bridal shower card? Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with the right words to convey how we feel in our bridal shower sentiments. In these instances, using a quote about love or marriage can add just the right touch— sweet or funny—to your card.
Bridal Shower Quotes Examples:
- “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with—you marry the person who you cannot live without.” – Aleatha Romig
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Airman’s Odyssey
- “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
- “We’re all a little weird, and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Dr. Seuss
- “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” – Jodi Picoult
- “I’m your density. I mean, your destiny.” – Back to the Future
While sending well wishes through text or email is perfectly acceptable in this day and age, there is still no better way to send holiday cheer than with a classic Christmas card. “One of the season’s simple pleasures is sitting down with a cup of hot tea and reading the ‘real mail’ holiday cards and letters,” says Jodi R.R. Smith, founder of Mannersmith Etiquette Consulting. “There is something special about holding a piece of paper that was touched by someone you care about.”
If you’re not sure what to write in a Christmas card, Smith recommends keeping it short and simple. Summarize an accurate reflection of your positive life events — no boasting or embellishing — and feel free to include a photo or two. Just don’t forget to “include well wishes to others in addition to your update,” says Smith. “After all, the holiday letter is part of your season’s greeting to others.” Yet even when we think we have a lot to share, we often end up with writer’s block, staring at a blank card without any idea of what to say. Need a little guidance? These simple Christmas wishes will help you get started writing thoughtful notes for all the special people in your life.
Don’t forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com’s Christmas 2019 guide!
- “Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.”
- “This holiday season, let’s make it a point to cherish what’s truly important in our lives: cookies.”
- “I told Santa you were good this year and sent him a link to your Pinterest board. Merry Christmas to you!”
- “This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries be included.”
- “Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift that now it’s too late to get it.”
- “Please note: Christmas is canceled. Apparently, you told Santa you have been good this year … he died laughing.”
- “Is it just me, or does Santa look younger every year?”
- “Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, until the credit card bills arrive.”
- “Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Have a wonderful Christmas!”
- Mention a funny memory: “Merry Christmas! I’ll never forget the time you …”
- “Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold!”
- “May your holidays sparkle with joy and laughter.”
- “I hope the magic of Christmas fills every corner of your heart and home with joy — now and always.”
- “Our family wishes you love, joy, and peace … today, tomorrow, and always.”
- “May your family have a holiday season that is full of wonderful surprises, treats and nonstop laughter.”
- “Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best this holiday season!”
- “Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright!”
- “Merry Christmas with lots of love.”
- “I hope your Christmas is filled with joy this year!”
- “Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.”
- “Merry Christmas! I hope you receive one blessing after another this coming year.”
- “May the Lord grant you and all your loved ones peace, joy and goodwill.”
- “Wishing you a season that’s merry and bright with the light of God’s love.”
- “May God’s blessings be yours this Christmas.”
- “May the wonder of that first Christmas, the joy of God’s abundant blessings, and the peace of Jesus’ presence be with you always.”
- “May the true spirit of Christmas shine in your heart and light your path.”
- “Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas.”
- “May God bless your life with love and joy this holiday season.”
- “Merry Christmas! May God’s love be with you.”
- “May the spirit of Christmas be with you all year round.”
- “The only thing I love more than Christmas is you.”
- “It’s not what’s under the tree that matters most, it’s who’s around it. Every year I’m so grateful to have you there.”
- “You put the merry in my Christmas.”
- “Though we are apart, you are in my heart this Christmas.”
- “Forget the mistletoe, you can kiss me anytime you like.”
- “All I want for Christmas is you.”
- “I’m so lucky to be spending another Christmas with you!”
- “Merry Christmas! You’re the best gift I could ask for.”
- “Holidays like Christmas make me so grateful to share life with you.”
- “Christmas is magical because we’re together. “
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” —Garrison Keillor
- “Christmas isn’t just a day. It’s a frame of mind.” —Valentine Davies
- “Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart … filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.” —Bess Streeter Aldrich
- “Christmas is not an external event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” —Freya Stark
- “I prefer the retro chic of spending Christmas just like Joseph and Mary did — traveling arduously back to the place of your birth to be counted, with no guarantee of a bed when you get there.” —Tina Fey
- “I am not 100 percent certain what a sugarplum is, but for a few weeks every year I’ve got visions of them dancing in my head anyway.” —Jane Green
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” —Burton Hills
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” —Winston Churchill
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” —Bob Hope
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” —Helen Steiner Rice
For can’t-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You found Mr. Right. He is everything you wanted in a life partner, and so much more. You two are perfect for each other. Always love and respect one another the way you have till today.
I guess this is what ‘forever’ looks like. When you two look into each other’s eyes and say your ‘I dos’, it will be a huge privilege to witness it. Thank you for making me a part of your celebration of love.
As Audrey Hepburn once said, “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” Always stay true to yourselves, and love and support one another no matter what. Thanks for letting me be a part of your celebration.
The wedding day will come and go, but what will remain is your love for one another. Stay true to yourselves, say ‘I love you’ everyday, and know it in your hearts that your relationship will never falter.
This comes with love for both of you. Have a happy day, a happy year, and happy memories.
My heart wants nothing more than to see the two people I love and admire the most joined in holy matrimony. Today, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness, and pray that your union is as sweet and joyful as you both are.
By letting me be a part of your wedding celebrations, you are giving me the opportunity to witness the start of something beautiful. I just wanted to congratulate you both on your big day. I wish you have a wonderful life together that is filled with love and everything good.
As your wedding day goes by, your true adventure/journey begins. So with each day, I wish that you’ll grow even closer and trust one another to make the right decision for the future.
‘Happily ever after’ isn’t limited to fairy tales. When we look at you both, we know it in our hearts that there is someone for everyone. We all have a soulmate waiting for us to find them.
Congratulations, (couple’s names)! We are thrilled to be a part of your celebration and wish you the best of luck on this great adventure you’re about to embark upon.
A wedding lasts a day, but a marriage lasts forever. I know that you two will prove this to everyone with your love, support, and trust for one another. Enjoy your wedding day and hope that you have a glitch-proof life ahead.
You guys make a beautiful couple. Through all the ups and downs of your relationship, neither one of you gave up; and that’s what I admire about you guys the most. Always stay this way―happy, and madly in love.
It’s tough to imagine my sweet sister is about to get married. As your big sister, I feel I’m obligated to tell you that (groom’s name) will never love you the way I do. You will always be my sister, best friend, and confidante, and I am going to be here for whatever (and whenever) you need me for.
You know I’ve always loved both of you from the start. I have seen your relationship get stronger and stronger as both of you have grown, and trusted each other every step of the way. Congratulations, and have a fabulous married life.
Congrats, (couple’s names)! You have given me the rare opportunity to see two amazing people falling in love and getting married. Best wishes to both of you, always and always.
Hopefully these sample wordings to write in a bridal shower card gave you ample thoughts and ideas. Do make it a point to personalize the message, share some words of wisdom about marriage and relationships, recollect fond memories about the couple, and basically make the bride-to-be feel special. As she may keep these cards with her for a long time, they make a wonderful souvenir from the shower.