Article at a Glance:
- Lortab and Vicodin contain hydrocodone (an opioid) and acetaminophen (a non-opioid)
- Lortab is only available as a liquid while Vicodin is available as a tablet
- Other brand names and generic products are available that contain the same active ingredients
- Use of hydrocodone carries a risk of addiction, dependence, misuse, and overdose. The results of overdosing can be severe and even fatal.
- Acetaminophen can cause damage to the liver with high doses.
- Due to risks associated with use or misuse of Lortab or Vicodin, follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor
Similarities Between Lortab and Vicodin
Both Lortab and Vicodin sour to control trouble and are only to be taken by mouthpiece .
Hydrocodone and acetaminophen are frequently combined into one drug because each medicine has properties that rejoinder pain in different ways within the body. Hydrocodone stops the transmittance of annoyance signals, while acetaminophen stops chemicals that cause pain from forming. Having the two drugs in combination kind allows for more annoyance control condition than either drug could provide alone.
Bạn đang đọc: Lortab vs. Vicodin for Pain: What is the Difference?
Lortab and Vicodin are used to manage pain that can not be controlled with non-opioid pain drugs. Since Lortab and Vicodin contain hydrocodone, an opioid, they can both cause forcible addiction and addiction. All opioid-based medications are associated with this gamble, which is why it is important to only take these drugs as order and with the lowest effective venereal disease and duration .
Side Effects of Lortab and Vicodin
several adverse effects are associated with Lortab and Vicodin manipulation, due to the hydrocodone component. These effects normally include :
- Lower respiratory rates
The acetaminophen component can cause problems angstrom well. Acetaminophen can cause liver-colored damage, particularly in large doses, and can be magnified in people with existing liver problems. Since Lortab and Vicodin are associated with unplayful risks due to the hydrocodone and acetaminophen components, it is important to use these medications with extreme caution .
Differences Between Lortab and Vicodin
Lortab and Vicodin are very similar and contain the same active ingredients, but they besides have differences. The most celebrated difference between Lortab and Vicodin is that Lortab is presently only available as a melted syrup, while Vicodin is available only in tablet kind .
What is Lortab?
Lortab is now only sold as a liquid medication. Lortab available in any other form is either counterfeit or expired .
Every 15 milliliters of Lortab syrup ( about 1 tablespoon ) contains 10 milligram of hydrocodone and 300 milligrams of acetaminophen. The normal adult dose of Lortab is 11.25 milliliters every four to six hours, which is about 7.5 milligrams of hydrocodone and 225 milligrams of acetaminophen per dose. Lortab liquid besides has seven percentage alcohol.
Precise measurement of the Lortab dose is necessary since it ’ s a fluid medicine. A calibrate device is normally provided by the pharmacy dispensing a Lortab prescription .
What is Vicodin?
Vicodin comes in a few different tablet strengths. The usual Vicodin dose in adults is one to two tablets every four to six hours, as needed. For the higher military capability Vicodin tablets, the dose is one tablet every four to six hours, as needed. The play along tilt shows the amounts of hydrocodone and acetaminophen contained in one tablet for different strengths of Vicodin :
- Vicodin: Five milligrams of hydrocodone and 300 milligrams of acetaminophen
- Vicodin ES (extra-strength): 7.5 milligrams of hydrocodone and 300 milligrams of acetaminophen
- Vicodin HP (high-potency): 10 milligrams of hydrocodone and 300 milligrams of acetaminophen
Other Products Containing Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen
early medications contain hydrocodone and acetaminophen, like Lortab and Vicodin :
- Lorcet (also Lorcet HD and Lorcet Plus)
- Several generic versions, including oral tablets and oral solution
If you or someone you know lives with an addiction to Lortab or Vicodin, contact The Recovery Village to speak to a representative about treatment. At The Recovery Village patients are provided with professional support and care, allowing them to focus on their treatment. A healthy future is possible, call today.
Dailymed. “Lortab (syrup).” November 2018. Accessed April 16, 2019.
Dailymed. “Vicodin (tablet).” December 2018. Accessed April 16, 2019.
contribution on Social Media :FacebookTwitterLinkedIn