What is the difference between soup and chowder?
Bạn đang đọc: What is the difference between soup and chowder?
soup | chowder |
Chowder is a hyponym of soup.
As nouns the difference between soup and chowder
is that soup is any of various dishes commonly made by combining liquids, such as water or stock with other ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, that contribute flavor and texture while chowder is a thick, creamy soup or stew.
As a verb soup
is (uncommon) to feed: to provide with soup or a meal.
is thatis any of versatile dishes normally made by combining liquids, such as water or stock with early ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, that contribute flavor and texture whileis a dense, creamy soup or stew.is ( rare ) to feed : to provide with soup or a meal .
From ( etyl ) ( m ), from ( etyl ) .
( 1645 ) ( etyl ) soupe, from ( etyl ) souppe, sope, from. See besides sop.
- Pho is a traditional Vietnamese soup .
- Soupes dorye. — Take gode almaunde mylke
- primordial soup
, title=(Jeeves in the Offing)
, section=chapter I and X
, passage=B. Wickham had also the disposition and general outlook on life of a ticking bomb. In her society you always had the uneasy feeling that something was likely to go off at any moment with a pop. You never knew what she was going to do next or into what murky depths of soup’ she would carelessly plunge you. […] “It may be fun for her,” I said with one of my bitter laughs, “but it isn’t so diverting for the unfortunate toads beneath the harrow whom she plunges so ruthlessly ‘ in the soup .”}}
, year=1960, author=, title= ( ), section=chapter I and X, passage=B. Wickham had besides the disposal and general expectation on life of a tick bomb. In her company you constantly had the uneasy feel that something was probably to go off at any moment with a pop. You never knew what she was going to do future or into what cloudy astuteness of. ” } }
* rudiment soup * beef soup * beer soup * bird ‘s nest soup * boodle soup * canned soup * chicken soup * condensed soup * cream soup * dessert soup * duck soup * egg droup soup * fish soup * French onion soup * fruit soup * in the soup * leek soup * lentil soup * miso soup * mock turtle soup * noodle soup * oxtail soup * pea soup * aboriginal soup * she-crab soup * soup bowl * soup du jour * souped-up * souper * souping * soup dumpling * soup open fire * soup kitchen * soup legs * soup of the sidereal day * soup plate * soup ‘s on * soup sandwich * soup to nuts * soup up * bathetic * stone soup * tomato soup * vegetable soup * wine soup * winter melon soup * word soup
* bisque * bouillon * broth * chowder * * cream soup * gazpacho * gruel * porridge * * summer soup *
* porridge * stew
- “I was so mad, I let him wait half an hour to-night before I souped him.”
- She cooked huge stock pots and souped her dogs once a day.
- I souped the dogs, and went in for a bite. I ended up going back out and making my pups a full meal, then went back in and pigged out myself.
, author=(James Joyce)
, passage=Luck I had the presenee [sic] of mind to dive into Manning’s or I was souped .}}
- That girl Vivienne, by the way, once worked as a secretary in the workshop of The Rotarian, began “souping ” her own snapshots at home, went from there to top rank as a New York color photographer specializing in small children
- “Then perhaps it won’t surprise you to learn Annie’s taking over the Sunday social column,” Roz said. “You photo-guys’ll be souping her film.”
- And her camera position had been completely out of his sight. Satisfied that she’d gotten everything she’d needed – much more, in fact – she went back inside and got to work. Jill had souped her first photographs while she’d been on
- By 6 pm Beau and I are back at the paper, souping the film, when Woody rushes into the room.
, year=1922, author= ( ), title= ( ), section=II, passage=Luck I had the presenee [ sic ] of mind to dive into Manning ‘s or I was. } }
* * 1000 English basic words
* chowder beer * clam chowder