Bạn đang đọc: What is Uber Comfort? Is it Worth the Extra Money?
What can you expect with Uber Comfort as a passenger?
- Higher fares than UberX
- A more streamlined experience with Ride Preferences
- Extended pickup periods (Except for airport pickups, riders using Uber Comfort will have 10 minutes before they can be charged for a driver-initiated cancellation fee.* Riders will pay higher per-minute wait time fees and higher cancellation fees on Uber Comfort than UberX when a driver needs to cancel.)
- Newer, Mid-Size Cars: Arrive in comfort with a car that meets consistent vehicle make and model standards.
- Extra Legroom: Uber Comfort rides will have minimum legroom requirements so you can stretch out and have the space you need.
- Rider Preferences: You can request your ideal temperature in advance and let your drivers know when you’re looking for a quiet ride so you can stay comfortable on the road.
Whether as a passenger you ‘re looking for a dependable way to make your flight, a big meet on time, or a ride for a particular occasion, millions of people rely on Uber every day to get where they need to go. Uber Comfort was built for riders who are constantly on the rifle and want a little excess ease. We ’ ve all been there : You need a little tranquillity time, prefer to stretch your legs, or just like an extra comfortable depend on out to dinner when friends are in township. This collection of rider preference features is singular from those found in Uber Black and Black SUV rides, which provides you access to more single in-app options such as request help with baggage, premium defend, and pickup by professional drivers. One of the perks of Uber Comfort for the passengers is Uber ’ s quieten manner. It is either a useful tool for riders who are deafen or hard of listen, women who don ’ thyroxine want to have potentially creepy conversations with male drivers, or people with social anxiety or it ’ s a ill-mannered means for deep snob to silence their drivers with merely a tap in an app. I personally don ’ thymine care, I normally go with the initial vibration of the passenger. After I politely greet them, I let them take the lead, if they want to talk, we will, if they don ’ thyroxine, I barely shut up and drive. There ‘s a identical high likelihood that I will never see the like passenger again ! In my opinion, there ‘s nothing wrong with treating yourself to a few extra perks like more legroom and temperature control if you know that these features will make your commute significantly more comfortable. sol intercept leaving it up to gamble and keep Uber Comfort on your radar for your future rides .
What cities is Uber Comfort available in?
Uber Comfort is now available in Albuquerque, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Bakersfield, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Boise, Boston, Calgary, Central Atlantic Coast, Charleston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Connecticut, Dallas, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Eastern Shore, Edmonton, Fayetteville, Florida Keys, Fort Collins, Fort Myers-Naples, Fresno, Grand Rapids, Greenville, Hamilton, Hampton Roads, Honolulu, Houston, Indianapolis, Inland Empire, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Kitchener-Waterloo, Las Vegas, Lehigh Valley, Lexington, London ONT, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Maui, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis – St. Paul, Montreal, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, Niagara Region, NYC Suburbs, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Orange County, Orlando, Ottawa, Palm Springs, Pensacola, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Piedmont Triad, Pittsburgh, Portland, Quebec City, Raleigh-Durham, Reno, Rhode Island, Richmond, Rockies, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Sarasota, Savannah-Hilton Head, Seattle, St. Louis, Tacoma, Tallahassee, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Tucson, Tulsa, Upstate NY, Ventura, Washington DC, Western MA, Wichita, and Worcester. Riders can expect to pay about 20 to 40 percentage more than a typical Uber X trip, according to an Uber spokesperson .
Uber Comfort Driver Eligibility Criteria!
Uber Comfort sounds reasonably good, doesn ’ thyroxine it ? Well, it was a bit of a shock for drivers in the Phoenix area when it was recently beta tested without their cognition or accept. Most drivers in the Phoenix area did see the overall top of Uber Comfort. unfortunately, the beta examination roll-out just wasn ’ metric ton quite handled very well but that is something Uber does regularly with their algorithms. They test them on drivers before rolling the program out countrywide. Uber has been listening to drivers about the roll out and lack of announcement/information to drivers. According to Uber, “ eligible drivers will receive an in-app notification and electronic mail letting them know they are eligible and providing more details around the driver experience. ” Additionally, drivers will be notified in their apps when a Comfort trip is available. Uber Comfort was designed to maximize possibilities on the Uber chopine. Driver eligibility criteria for Uber Comfort include each of the following :
- Maintain eligibility on a different Uber option such as UberX, Select, UberXL, Uber Black, or Uber Black SUV
- Have a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on at least 250 trips
- Drive a vehicle with more legroom than smaller, compact cars eligible for UberX and that meet the minimum vehicle year requirement (see eligible vehicle list below)
I think it would be good if you have a small SUV, those humble to medium sized SUVs out there running as UberX are scantily making anything, I see the benefit for those drivers. The UberX driver may like this new addition because they may see it as a kind of rear. ( In most cities between 6-8 cents more per mile and on time ) Another top I see is that many of these rides end up being longer rides, which means more money for those who end up taking those fares. An UberX driver would earn more for those rides if they were booked under Uber Comfort, but an Uber XL driver would earn less than they would normally.
How to get access to Uber Comfort trip requests as a driver?
eligible drivers with Uber Comfort can make more money per slip than with UberX. To see the rates for Uber Comfort in your city, just go to the ‘Fares ‘ department of your partner splashboard. If you already have access to UberX trip requests and you are eligible for Comfort trips and have a Comfort-eligible vehicle, you will mechanically get access to Comfort stumble requests. If you have access to entirely Select, UberXL, Uber Black, and/or Uber Black SUV trip requests and you are eligible for Comfort, you can receive access to Comfort by selecting UberX on the Driver Preferences screen in the Uber app. At this time, you can not receive Comfort trip requests without besides receiving UberX requests and, where applicable, shared ride requests .
How much more than UberX can drivers expect to make with Uber Comfort?
Uber Comfort fares are guaranteed to be 20 % higher than UberX fares and can be arsenic much as 40 % higher in some markets before soar price even kicks in. While fares are hush lower than UberXL fares, this allows traditional UberX drivers with qualified vehicle models to get an income hike, if their cars don ’ thymine quite qualify for higher-tier services. This is a good share for drivers who were already predominantly driving UberX or UberPool, but if you ’ ve been driving for more expensive services, opting to receive Comfort requests has the potential to drag your income down. This is because UberX is distillery the most popular and cheapest Uber avail, so business travelers and other park Uber Comfort riders will only be a fraction of your newfangled requests. To see if your fomite meets Uber Comfort ’ s particular eligibility requirements, see the full list .
Frequently asked Questions:
1. Does Lyft offer any services like Uber Comfort? Lyft does not presently offer any services that are precisely like Uber Comfort. If you want to earn more money than you would with a standard Lyft request, you ’ ll want to have a vehicle that ’ s eligible for Lyft XL ( the equivalent of UberXL ) or Lyft Lux ( the equivalent of Uber Select ). The rideshare app doesn ’ metric ton give up riders to set depend on preferences for any product — though Lyft has reportedly been considering a zen manner — so you ’ ll hush want to ask them about their AC preferences in person. 2. Do I need to be a professional driver to drive Uber Comfort? No. Because Comfort is not a lavishness avail, it does not require you to be a professional driver. You ’ re besides not required to hold a commercial license or have commercial policy, keeping inauguration costs pretty abject for anyone who wants to earn through this service.
3. Will Uber Comfort be available in any countries outside of North America soon? Uber has not announced any plans for Comfort expansion outside its stream United States and Canada markets, as its original beta testing in Phoenix only ended merely before its late roll-out. If Uber Comfort gains grip throughout its current markets, there ’ s a estimable casual we ’ ll see the intersection in more cities .