The difference between sonogram and ultrasound
much, the terms sonogram and ultrasound are used interchangeably. however, there ’ s a difference between the two :
- An ultrasound is a tool used to take a picture.
- A sonogram is the picture that the ultrasound generates.
- Sonography is the use of an ultrasound tool for diagnostic purposes.
In short, an ultrasound is the serve, while a sonogram is the end solution.
Bạn đang đọc: Sonogram vs. Ultrasound
Sonography is a noninvasive, painless procedure. It uses high-frequency reasoned waves — called ultrasound waves —to produce images of organs, soft tissues, lineage vessels, and blood run, from inside the body. These images are used for medical analysis. After roentgenogram exams, ultrasound is the most normally use shape of diagnostic visualize. It helps doctors gain insights into the inner workings of the body, and is known for being :
- radiation free
- widely accessible
A sonogram ( besides called an ultrasonogram ) is the ocular prototype produced during an sonography examination.
A medical sonographer — much referred to as an ultrasound technical school — is the person trained to use sonography diagnostic imagination engineering ( sonography ). They provide doctors with detail images of what ’ s going on inside of patients .
How does ultrasound work?
Ultrasounds use high-frequency sound waves that are beamed into the consistency and leap back ( echo ) off tissue and organs. These echoes generate electrical signals that are translated by a computer to produce images of the tissues and organs.
Variations of sonography include :
- Doppler ultrasound can be used to measure and visualize blood flow in the heart and blood vessels.
- Elastography is used to differentiate tumors from healthy tissue.
- Bone sonography is used to determine bone density.
- Therapeutic ultrasound is used to heat or break up tissue.
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) has been designed to destroy or modify abnormal tissue in the body without opening the skin.
Most ultrasounds are done using a transducer on the coat of the skin. At times, a better diagnostic image can be generated with the insertion of a limited transducer into one of the consistency ’ s natural openings :
- Transvaginal ultrasound uses a transducer wand that is placed in a woman’s vagina to get images of her uterus and ovaries.
- Transrectal ultrasound, sometimes used in the diagnosis of prostate conditions, uses a transducer wand that is placed in the rectum.
- Transesophageal echocardiogram uses a transducer probe in the esophagus to get images of the heart
What is ultrasound used for?
credibly best known for confirming and monitor pregnancy, sonography is besides normally used by doctors for :
Doctors use ultrasound image to help diagnose conditions affecting the organs and piano tissues of the body, including :
- blood vessels
There are some diagnostic limitations for ultrasounds. For exemplar, strait waves do not transmit well through areas that might hold gas or air ( such as intestines ), or areas blocked by dense bone. Medical procedures When a doctor needs to remove tissue from a very precise area in the consistency — such as in a acerate leaf biopsy — ultrasound imaging can help with ocular guidance .
sonography is sometimes used in the detection and discussion of certain soft-tissue injuries.
Although much used interchangeably, sonography is the operation of using sound waves to create images from inside the body. Sonogram is the prototype produced by an sonography examination. sonography is considered a safe and low-cost imaging technology to help a doctor make a diagnosis regarding soft tissue and organs in the body .